Take a look…
PsycBOOKS is a comprehensive source of chapters from thousands of scholarly and professional books published by the APA and other distinguished publishers, indexed with controlled vocabulary from APA’s Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms.
In this e-resource, you can access the following:
- approximately 55,000 chapters in PDF from over 3,500 books
- nearly 2,600 classic books of landmark historical impact in psychology, dating from the 1600s
- more than 1,500 authored entries from the APA/Oxford University Press Encyclopedia of Psychology
- digitized content from the Archives of the History of American Psychology (AHAP) collection
PsycTESTS, produced by the APA, provides access to tests that are relevant to psychologists and professionals in related fields such as psychiatry, management, business, education, social science, neuroscience, law, medicine, and social work. It is a unique database providing descriptive summaries, full text, and relevant citations on the development and assessment of tests and measures that can be used in research and teaching. Each record includes data on the scope of the test, test implementation, a high-level overview of the test’s development, and reliability and validity data (when available). International in scope, PsycTESTS provides access to an increasing number of tests in languages other than English. While focused on contemporary instances of test use, coverage dates from 1910 to the present.
Updated monthly, PsycTESTS includes Master test profiles and actual tests or test items for:
- Unpublished tests
- Tests developed by psychologists for which no source document has been located
- Information about published tests available from commercial publishers
Content covers diverse subject areas and types of tests, including:
- Developmental Measures
- Scales for Beliefs, Relationships, or Expectancies
- Aggression, Coping, or Functional Status Questionnaires
- Racial and Ethnic Identity Scales
- Resilience, Anger Response, or Substance Abuse Inventories
- Physical Health Related Assessments
- Personality Assessments
- Educational Measures
- Neuropsychological Assessments
- Aptitude and Achievement Measures
- Competency Measures
- Occupational Measures
- Intelligence Tests
- Military Tests
If you would like more information about PsycBOOKS or PsycTESTS, please contact Linda Roulston, Psychology Librarian, (451-6879); for more resources relevant to studies in Psychology, please consult UNB Libraries’ Psychology Guides.
For help with any of UNB Libraries’ resources, contact the HIL Research Help Desk in person, by telephone (453-3546), by email, or by Ask Us.