Printers, scanners, and photocopiers are available at all library locations. Microform reader-printers are available at the Harriet Irving Library and the Hans W. Klohn Commons. Photocopying is available using UCard cash. You may also wish to examine Copyright at UNB and any copyright notices posted near the printers, scanners, and photocopiers.
You need to have money on your UCard (UNB/STU photo ID) to print or photocopy on campus. To check your UCard balance, go to UCard Online (accessed through your myUNB Portal).
- black and white - 10¢/15¢ per page (single sided/double sided)
- colour - 50¢/75¢ per page (single sided/double sided)
For information on printing from personal laptops, visit the IT Services page - Student & Personal Printing.
Printing from personal laptops, library laptops, and most computers in the libraries requires UCard cash.
Colour printing and double-sided printing is available.
- Microform printer-readers are available in the HIL and HWK.
- 3D Printing:
- 3D Printing is available in the Harriet Irving Library Research Commons - Fabrication Lab.
Large Format / Poster Printing
- Large Format Printing:
- Large format printing is available in the Harriet Irving Library Research Commons.
- Poster Printing:
- Library staff in the HWK can print full-colour posters for UNB faculty, staff, and students. Posters are printed on a paper roll that is 40 inches wide. For each inch of length used, the cost is 50 cents, +HST. For example, a poster that is 40 in. x 20 in. would cost $10 +HST, and a poster that is 40 in. x 60 in. would cost $30 +HST.
- Payment must be made with cash, credit/debit card, or cheque at the Hans W. Klohn Commons. Faculty and staff can also pay with a UNB account transfer.
- The poster must be sent in PDF format to email@example.com at least 3 days in advance of pickup.
Self-service scanning is available in all library locations at no charge.
- Large Format Scanning:
- Large format scanning (up to 44” in width) is also available in the Harriet Irving Library Research Commons.
- 3D Scanning:
- 3D scanning is available in the Harriet Irving Library Research Commons – Fabrication Lab.
The Harriet Irving Library photocopier is located on the first floor, outside room 109.
The Science and Forestry Library and the Engineering & Computer Science Library have public use photocopiers.
Multi-function machines that can be used to print, scan, or photocopy are available on the First Floor and Second Floor of the Hans W. Klohn Commons.
Photocopiers accept UCard cash only.