The Harriet Irving Library (HIL) is the main library on UNB’s Fredericton campus and is located directly across from the Student Union Building (SUB).
HIL is home to the services and collections listed below:
- John B. McNair Learning Commons – 1st floor
- Coffee Shop – 1st floor
- Commons Service Desk (Circulation) – 1st floor
- Research Help Desk – 1st floor
- Printing, Scanning and Photocopying – multiple locations
- Document Delivery – 1st floor
- Government Documents, Data & Maps
- Library Administration – 1st floor
- Microforms – Basement
- Archives & Special Collections – 5th floor
- Centre for Digital Scholarship – 5th floor
- Group study rooms
- Student Lockers
- Grad student carrels
- Audio Tour of HIL NEW
The HIL team is dedicated to supporting the study, teaching and research needs of students, faculty and staff at the University of New Brunswick and St. Thomas University and also act as a resource for the wider community.
Students will also discover an enriched learning environment incorporating many service points, social learning spaces, technology, group study rooms, and quiet study areas. Wireless coverage is available throughout HIL.
Postal Address: Harriet Irving Library, University of New Brunswick, P.O. Box 7500, Fredericton, NB, E3B 5H5
Physical Address: Harriet Irving Library, University of New Brunswick, 5 Macaulay Lane, Fredericton, NB, E3B 5H5