Access to electronic resources when off-campus is provide by either:
Proxy Server Access
When using the UNB Libraries web site, all licensed resources are prefixed with our proxy server. This will automatically prompt you to login, if you haven't done so already. You should only have to login once per session.
This login requires valid UNB or STU login credentials.
Off-campus links always start with:
Bookmarking e-Resources for Off-campus Access
If you are off-campus and wish to bookmark an electronic resource, it is recommended that you bookmark the link that is on the UNB Libraries web site. It contains a legitimate starting URL as well the proper proxy prefix for off-campus access.
Troubleshooting Off-Campus Access
- Test the JSTOR link above. Does it prompt for the proxy login?
- Make sure you do not have a personal proxy configured. Our proxy is invoked by the URL only.
- Check that your security software isn't interfering with our proxy.
- Check that you aren't behind a firewall (i.e. government firewall) that is interfering with your Internet connection
- Use ONLY the URLs from our web site
Once VPN access is set up, your device functions exactly as if you were on campus, securely allowing direct access to all online resources.
To use the VPN, you must install and run UNB's Pulse Secure VPN Client. Versions are available for Windows, macOS, Android and iPhone/iPad.
Details about configuring and downloading the VPN application is available through the ITS website.
Some service providers like Explornet, don't work well with the proxy. In these cases, the VPN is the solution.