The Senate Curriculum Committees on both campuses require new course proposal submissions to include a report from the library. On the Fredericton campus this report is referred to as Appendix A; on the Saint John campus the report is included with Section A of the Faculty Calendar Submission Summary form. These reports will outline existing resources to support students and instructors in the proposed course, and alert faculties and departments of additional resources that may need to be purchased or subscribed to.
Your librarian will do the following:
- Identify key databases, monograph packages, journal/newspaper packages, relevant journals, and other resources to support the course.
- Provide you with an assessment of relevant and recently published books from catalogue searches.
- Investigate the costs of converting relevant print materials to e-books if needed.
- Identify any key e-books that are available through subscription and may require purchase.
- Identify relevant resources that are available at comparator universities.
- Note any library instructional resources and services to support students in the course, along with library spaces and technologies that may be used.
- Return this report to the faculty or department and send a copy to the library representative on the Senate Curriculum Committee.
We welcome the opportunity to work with you to build library collections and services that are relevant to your instruction
If you have any questions, please contact Joanne Smyth (Fredericton) or David Ross (Saint John)
All faculty members need to do is to contact their librarian at least two weeks before the submission date with the following information:
- The name and a brief description of the course.
- Whether the course is part of an accredited or certification program, and if so the name of the organization granting this status.
- The name of a contact person within the faculty or department.
Faculty or departmental representatives should send the Faculty Calendar Submission Summary form to the appropriate librarian, so that an evaluation can be added to the document. Please give us two weeks to complete this analysis.