We offer UNB alumni access to our print collections and the services described on this page; however, to take full advantage of these privileges, you will need to activate your alumni account through the Associated Alumni e-Services.
Borrowing privileges at the Harriet Irving Library, the IUC Library, the Head Hall Library, and the Hans W. Klohn Commons Library are free to UNB alumni presenting a valid borrower’s card. Information on how to obtain such a card is provided below. Please be aware that borrowing privileges are granted for individual use and are non-transferable.
How to Obtain an Alumni Borrower Card
To obtain an alumni borrowing card, please apply in person at the Harriet Irving Library in Fredericton or the Hans W. Klohn Commons Library in Saint John. For more details or to report a lost or stolen borrower card, please contact:
- Harriet Irving Library
- 506-453-4756 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hans W. Klohn Commons Library
- 506-648-5710 email@example.com
Conditions of Use
- All loans are subject to UNB Libraries' Borrowing Policy and the following conditions of use.
- Alumni borrowers may have up to 10 items checked out simultaneously.
- Most books may be borrowed for 3 weeks and renewed up to five times if not requested by another borrower. Some material is restricted to in-library use only.
- Renewals must be requested on or before an item's due date and may be completed online, in person, or by phone (506-453-4756 or 506-648-5710).
- Fines are charged on overdue loans, lost, stolen, or damaged items. Privileges may be revoked if materials are lost, damaged, or consistently overdue.
- Alumni borrowers with overdue library material, or unpaid library bills of $25 or more, will be suspended from further borrowing until overdue material is returned and/or library bills are paid.
Resources and Services
- Basic reference assistance as well as access to print collections and some electronic resources are available in each library upon an in-person visit.
- Search catalogue for holdings, using the UNB WorldCat search on our homepage.
- Limited access to Document Delivery Services is available.
- Visiting students, staff, and faculty from participating institutions may borrow from UNB libraries through reciprocal borrowing agreements between institutions.
Some online resources may be accessed at each of our campus libraries upon an in-person visit. While most of our electronic licensing agreements limit access to current university community members, a few online resources are available off-campus to alumni. You will require your alumni borrower account to access these resources. Please be aware that access to licensed resources is for academic purposes only.
Access Your Library Account (UNB WorldCat) Online:
- Click on the “Renew Books/My Account” link on the UNB Libraries homepage or the “Sign In” link in the top-right corner of UNB WorldCat.
- Click the button labelled "COMMUNITY / ALUMNI LOGIN”
- Your user name is the full email address you used when you created your account, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- To activate your WorldCat account for the first time, you will need to use the “Request New Password” option. Use the link in the email you receive from Library Password Management (DoNotReply@oclc.org) to set/reset your password.
- Once you’ve logged in, you’ll find the link to My Account under the user menu in the top right. There you may renew materials.