UNB Libraries’ catalogue, UNB WorldCat, will transition to a new interface on August 1, 2018!
Since mid-2016, UNB Libraries has made the latest version of WorldCat available to library patrons in a “beta” option on the library home page. Following a number of changes and upgrades, we will transition fully to the new interface this summer! The new UNB WorldCat introduces a host of improvements, including a modern, mobile-friendly interface, improved browsing/viewing of search results, and simplified sign-in (your UNB login is the only one you’ll need).
Access to UNB Libraries’ collections through UNB WorldCat remains the same: over 400 million bibliographic records from libraries worldwide, including e-journals, e-books, films, selected journal articles, and more. UNB WorldCat searches all of these, and ranks UNB Libraries’ material first. For materials not held at UNB, the “Request Item” option makes Document Delivery a quick and easy option.
Please note, if you’ve used UNB WorldCat’s “Lists” feature in the past, your lists will need to be exported/imported to the new UNB WorldCat’s “My Personal Lists” prior to the transition. To migrate your lists:
- Sign in to your WorldCat account to view your lists (this is your personal WorldCat account not your UNB/STU account). //www.worldcat.org/account/?page=login&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.worldcat.org%2F
If prompted to go to unb.worldcat.org choose to “Stay on www.worldcat.org“
- Click on “My Lists” link under your name and picture.
- Click a list name to view its details.
- Click the “Export to CSV” link.
- Save the file where you can find it later.
- Go to //unb.on.worldcat.org/importlist/ and sign in with your UNB/STU id and password.
- Select your file to upload.
- Click the Import list button to begin the importing process.
Please ensure that your lists are exported/imported before August 1 to avoid any loss of lists. At this time, note fields you have entered in your lists are not being imported into the new WorldCat’s “My Personal Lists.”
Questions or comments? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or “AskUs” for more assistance.