Did you know…?
Fair Dealing Week in Canada celebrates the Fair Dealing provisions in the Canadian Copyright Act. As a user-focused exception, Fair Dealing facilitates the sharing of short excerpts of copyrighted works for the purposes of research, private study, education, parody or satire, criticism or review, and news reporting.
Fair Dealing Matters
- Learn more about Fair Dealing and education at: go.lib.unb.ca/fair
- Find out more about Fair Dealing/Fair Use Week initiatives across Canada and the United States:
• University of Toronto Libraries
• Association of Research Libraries
• More on Fair Use Week
- Find out the difference between “Fair Use” in the United States and “Fair Dealing” in Canada.
- Watch the UNB Libraries’ video submission to Fair Dealing Week below!
Fair Dealing supports teaching, learning, and research!