Lockers are available to rent at the Harriet Irving Library. All currently enrolled UNB and STU students are welcome to apply. Lockers will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Application Please submit your completed form to the HIL Commons Service Desk.
- How much does it cost to rent a locker?
- The total cost is $25, which includes a $10 deposit plus a $15 rental fee. Your deposit will be refunded at the end of the rental period provided that the lock is returned and the locker is left in good condition.
- How long can I keep my locker?
- As long as you are enrolled as a student, you may rent a locker for one full year (September 1 - August 31, January 1 - December 31, or May 1 - April 30). If you return your lock before the year is over, the rental fee is not pro-rated.
- Can I put my own lock on my locker?
- No. You will be issued a lock by UNB Libraries; unissued locks on HIL lockers will be removed, which may result in forfeiting the use of the locker and your deposit.
- Is my locker private?
- In the event of an emergency, staff from UNB Libraries, UNB Facilities Management, or UNB Security may need to open your locker.
- Can I leave books and belongings in my locker?
- All library materials left in lockers must be signed out. Personal belongings are left in your locker at your own risk. Do not leave valuables in your locker.
- How do I apply?
- Please complete and submit the application to the HIL Commons Service Desk.