The Document Delivery service is available to students, faculty and staff of UNB and St. Thomas University in support of research for academic purposes only. Other borrowers please consult Document Delivery for Community and Alumni Borrowers.
Requests should be submitted online. If the system is down or if you are an extramural borrower, print request forms are available at each library.
- Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Most journal articles, individual conference papers, and books will be provided at no cost.
- UNB students, faculty, and staff are responsible for all charges over $15 for loans and purchases of books and other materials. (e.g. if an institution charges UNB $20 to borrow a book, the borrower will be required to pay $5). The Document Delivery request form requires that a borrower indicate whether they are willing to pay, so you will not be surprised by charges that you are unwilling to pay. A university account number must be supplied in the Notes field of the web form if you want us to charge back the cost of the service.
- Extramural & Alumni
- For information please consult Document Delivery for Community and Alumni Borrowers.
When possible, articles will be provided via an e-mail link. Alternatively, patrons will be notified by e-mail where to pick up the article.
Rush service may be available on some items. Contact Document Delivery Staff for details and costs.
Payment of Charges (when applicable)
- To be paid at time of pickup
- Operating accounts and research accounts will be billed through Financial Services at UNB.
- Unpaid charges will be billed through Financial Services at UNB.
Circulation of Material
- Material is loaned for 3 weeks. There will be no renewals or extensions.
- Document Delivery material may be recalled at any time if needed by the lending library; regular recall charges will apply.
- New books, reference materials, pre-1900 materials may not be available for loan.
- Copyright legislation restricts provision of material to:
- 1 article per issue per requester
- 1 paper from a conference
- 1 chapter of a book if not over 10%
Fredericton: Please contact Document Delivery staff, HIL Learning Commons (Rooms 118-120), at 453-4743 or via email@example.com.
Saint John: Please contact Document Delivery, Hans W. Klohn Commons, at 648-5705 or firstname.lastname@example.org.