New for 2023
Welcome to the FilmMaker Studio, a bookable workspace for planning, shooting, and editing video projects as well as teaching. The studio area includes:
- 2 Adobe Creative Cloud equipped PCs
- 8' X 9' wall mounted backdrop system with white, charcoal, and green screen options. Personalized backdrops can also be used.
- Softbox lighting kit
- Tripods and smartphone rigs
- Microphones for iPhone and Android devices
- DJI OM4 Gimble
- 58 mm telephoto lens and with mount for smartphone
- 1.33x anamorphic lens with mount for smartphone
In developing the studio, we have chosen to leverage the image and video capture technology that everyone is most familiar with - the smarthphone in their pocket - rather than specialized camcorders in order to minimize barriers to use. Thus the peripheral technologies listed above are aimed specifically at smartphone users, while the workshops and general assistance we provide focus on proficiency in applying the language and techniques of film to their use.
For information on the FilmMaker Studio, video making workshops, or for individualized consultation, please contact Marc Bragdon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The work / teaching space includes fixed desks and seating for 10, white boards, and a wall-mounted 80" LCD for presentations and project review.Note too that just outside the studio is a cluster of 4 PCs with Adobe Creative Cloud software.
Spaces + Technologies
- Active Learning Spaces
- Audio Studio
- Data Visualization Lab
- Event Space
- Fabrication Lab
- FilmMaker Studio
- Graduate Student Spaces
- Innovation Hub
- Lightboard Studio
Team + Expertise
Join the Conversation: Instagram