Welcome to the Lightboard Studio Guide
The Lightboard Studio is located in room 320C in the Research Commons. The Lightboard Studio is a video recording and streaming space that uses a 66" height adjustable lightboard - an illuminated, forward facing glass pane upon which you can write with erasable markers and annotate projected images in real time. The studio comes equipped with a 4K camera, microphone system, PC, adjustable lights, and dual 27" confidence monitor configuration. All you need to bring are your ideas, presentation materials, and a USB stick (though we will lend you one) if you plan to record .
- Turn Lightboard on by pressing the “ON” button on the side of lightboard, it is located on the large white circle (magnet to the board)
- A networked PC is provided should you require a computer. The power button is located underneath the board.
- Login with your UNB credentials to access the internet and presentation files.
- You may need to download Teams or Zoom the first time you login to the PC.
- Adjust light brightness: There are three “ON/OFF” knobs on the right side of the lightboard, two for the LED lights that illuminate you, and one for the black lights that illuminate the board.
- To record: Connect USB key to recording hardware, press the “RECORD” button and note instructions on the device.
- Ensure the PC and Lightboard are turned "OFF" prior to exiting