Wikipedia can be a useful introductory research resource when used wisely. Learn about the best aspects of Wikipedia as a research resource but also the risks inherent in using it in academic research.
A pdf transcript of this video is available.
Other Video Tips
- 10 Research Tips and Tricks (9:35)
- Boolean Operators (2:39)
- How to Read a Journal Citation (4:11)
- How do I find reference materials? (3:46)
- Handbooks and encyclopedias online: what they are and how to use them (6:47)
- How do I find a book? (3:20)
- How do I find a journal article? (3:46)
- Getting to Full Text from Bibliographic Citations (3:26)
- Getting to Full Text from Research Databases (2:32)
- How can I get research materials from other libraries (2:43)