Conditions of Use
Under the Data Liberation Initiative, UNB Libraries users accept the following conditions set by our agreement with Statistics Canada for use of Statistics Canada public use microdata products.
- The Microdata files and related documentation shall at all times be and remain the sole and exclusive property of Statistics Canada, it being mutually agreed that this Agreement involves a licence for the use of the Microdata files and related documentation and that nothing contained herein shall be deemed to convey any title or ownership interest in the Mircodata files or the related documentation to the Licensee.
- Statistics Canada hereby grants to the Licensee a non-exclusive, non-assignable and non-transferable licence to use the Microdata files and related documentation for statistical and research purposes. The Microdata files shall not be used for any other purposes without the prior written consent of Statistics Canada.
- Use of the Microdata files is limited to the Licensee. The Microdata file cannot be reproduced and transmitted to any person or organization outside the Licensee's organization.
- The Licensee shall not merge or link the records on the Microdata files with any other databases for the purpose of attempting to identify an individual person, business or organization.
- The Licensee shall not present information from the Microdata files in such a manner that gives the appearance that the Licensee may have received, or had access to, information held by Statistics Canada about any identifiable person, business or organization.
- The Licensee shall not disassemble, decompile or in any way attempt to reverse engineer any software provided as part of the Microdata files.
- The information is licensed "as is," and Statistics Canada makes no representations or warranties whatsoever with respect to the Information, whether express or implied, in relation to the Information and expressly disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the Information.
Statistics Canada or any of its Ministers, officials, servants, employees, agents, successors and Assigns shall not be liable for any errors or omissions in the Information and shall not, under any circumstances, be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other loss, injury, damage, however caused, that you may suffer at any time by reason of your possession, access to or use of the Information arising out of the exercise of your rights or the fulfillment of your obligations under this agreement.
- In any publication of any information based on the Microdata files, the Licensee shall use the following form of accreditation:
"This analysis is based on the Statistics Canada (Name of database and/or microdata files) (Reference Year). All computations, use and interpretation of these data are entirely that of (Name of Author(s) or Licensee)."
I have read the conditions of use for Statistics Canada products made available to me and understand that these data are only made available under those conditions and only while I am an authorized user of this institution. I agree to comply with the conditions as outlined.
Further information on the conditions of use can be obtained from Siobhan Hanratty, the Data Liberation Initiative contact for the UNB Libraries (506-451-6803).
- Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Saturday - Sunday: CLOSED