Reference Department, Harriet Irving Library
The Harriet Irving Library's Reference Department can answer your questions about the library's resources, collections, and services. We provide help at every stage, from choosing and refining your topic, to selecting and using library resources, to finding and evaluating information online and in print.
- Research Help Desk
- The Research Help Desk is positioned in the middle of the Learning Commons, ensuring that research help is front and centre. Library staff are ready to answer questions and to offer guidance in making the best use of UNB Libraries' print and digital resources.
- Visit us in person, call (Tel: (506) 453-3546), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat with us online. Staff from the Research Help Desk are happy to help with your questions. Check here for our hours of operation.
- Subject-Specialist Assistance
- For more in-depth research help, individual consultations are available by appointment with a subject-specialist liaison librarian. Contact the Research Help Desk to get in touch with the liaison librarian for your topic.
- Instruction Services
- Librarians provide in-class presentations on library research skills throughout the term in the library's enhanced teaching and learning spaces.
- Online Guides and Tutorials
- Whether you're looking for recommended resources in your subject area, citation style examples, or tips on using some of the library's electronic resources, a variety of online guides and tutorials are available.
For more information, contact:
Alicia McLaughlin, HIL Research Help Desk Coordinator, by email (email@example.com) or by telephone (453-4749)
Joanne Smyth, HIL Head of Reference, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone (453-3516)