UNB Libraries’ catalogue, UNB WorldCat, will transition to a new interface on August 1, 2018!
Since mid-2016, UNB Libraries has made the latest version of WorldCat available to library patrons in a “beta” option on the library home page. Following a number of changes and upgrades, we will transition fully to the new interface this summer! The new UNB WorldCat introduces a host of improvements, including a modern, mobile-friendly interface, improved browsing/viewing of search results, and simplified sign-in (your UNB login is the only one you’ll need).
Access to UNB Libraries’ collections through UNB WorldCat remains the same: over 400 million bibliographic records from libraries worldwide, including e-journals, e-books, films, selected journal articles, and more. UNB WorldCat searches all of these, and ranks UNB Libraries’ material first. For materials not held at UNB, the “Request Item” option makes Document Delivery a quick and easy option.
Please note, if you’ve used UNB WorldCat’s “Lists” feature in the past, your lists will need to be exported/imported to the new UNB WorldCat’s “My Personal Lists” prior to the transition. To migrate your lists:
- Sign in to your WorldCat account to view your lists (this is your personal WorldCat account not your UNB/STU account). https://www.worldcat.org/account/?page=login&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.worldcat.org%2F
If prompted to go to unb.worldcat.org choose to “Stay on www.worldcat.org“
- Click on “My Lists” link under your name and picture.
- Click a list name to view its details.
- Click the “Export to CSV” link.
- Save the file where you can find it later.
- Go to https://unb.on.worldcat.org/importlist/ and sign in with your UNB/STU id and password.
- Select your file to upload.
- Click the Import list button to begin the importing process.
Please ensure that your lists are exported/imported before August 1 to avoid any loss of lists. At this time, note fields you have entered in your lists are not being imported into the new WorldCat’s “My Personal Lists.”