UNB’s Student Affairs and Services has partnered with UNB Libraries to offer free, one-hour walk-in workshops that can make your studies and your life a lot easier.
If you’re struggling to keep up, don’t put off getting the support you need. Browse through the list of workshops.
We offer a new workshop twice each week during the winter term, at the same convenient location;
- Tuesdays 6:30-7:30pm OR Thursdays 11:45am-12:45pm
- Harriet Irving Library, Milham Room (Rm 100)
Choose the time that’s convenient for you. Bring a friend, grab a coffee, and learn the secrets of student success!
Managing Your Money – It’s Easier Than You Think
Create a financial plan. Develop a budget. Learn tips for managing and expenses and debt, and funding your education. We’ll show you how!
- Tues., Jan. 10 @ 6:30 pm or Thurs., Jan.12 @ 11:45 am
Planning Your Career and Your Education
Start now! Connect to the resources that can help you find your career path. Learn where to look for jobs. Practice networking and discover how to make a great first impression.
- Tues., Jan. 17 @ 6:30 pm or Thurs., Jan. 19 @ 11:45 am
Critical Creativity and Problem Solving
University is more than memorizing facts and figures. Learn how to analyze and evaluate concepts and arguments using puzzles, paradoxes, and exercises.
- Tues., Jan. 24 @ 6:30 pm or Thurs., Jan. 26 @ 11:45 am
Research: Using Databases to Find the Right Sources
Locate and evaluate books, journal articles and other sources using the library databases. Learn how to predict a publication’s usefulness to your project.
- Tues., Jan. 31 @ 6:30 pm or Thurs., Feb. 2 @ 11:45 am
Unlocking the Secret to Great Group Work
Discover your personality type and the role you prefer within a group. Learn how to make your group welcoming, fun, and effective.
- Tues., Feb. 7 @ 6:30 pm or Thurs., Feb. 9 @ 11:45 am
Relationships Dos and Don’ts
Good communication skills are key to good relationships. Learn about active listening, conflict resolution and sexy ways to request consent.
- Tues., Feb. 14 @ 6:30 pm or Thurs., Feb. 16 @ 11:45 am
Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle under Stress
Managing deadlines and expectations can be stressful. But you don’t have to sacrifice sleep, exercise, eating or even time with friends to get the results you want. Get tips for balancing work and play to stay healthy and be uber productive.
- Tues., Feb. 21 @ 6:30 pm or Thurs., Feb. 23 @ 11:45 am
Beyond Cramming: Long-Term Learning
Time is on your side. Learn the limitations of cramming and the value of deep learning to improving your study habits and exam results.
- Tues., Feb. 28 @ 6:30 pm or Thurs., Mar. 1 @ 11:45 am