A reminder that the registration deadline for the Summer Seminar Series offered by the Electronic Text Centre (ETC) at the University of New Brunswick (Fredericton) is fast approaching and there are spaces available.
The Summer Seminar Series, which runs from August 2-13, consists of five workshops exploring issues in scholarly communication.
The series is designed to offer introductory and advanced level courses that effectively balance technical components with theoretical and practical “hands-on” learning opportunities in state-of-the-art, information technology labs.
Participants will gain a greater understanding of the latest techniques, tools and standards while expanding their communities of practice.
2005 Course Offerings are:
- Introduction to Text Encoding; Lisa Charlong, ETC at UNB
- Advanced Topics in Building Electronic Texts; David Seaman, Digital Library Federation (DLF)
- Building Metadata Application Profiles; Diane Hillmann, National Science Digital Library
- Advanced Web Publishing; Daniel Pitti, University of Virginia
- Fundamentals of Digital Imaging; Marc Bragdon, ETC at UNB
For registration, workshop and accommodation information, we invite you to visit the Summer Seminar Series website at: //www.lib.unb.ca/workshop2005.
The Canadian Initiatives on Digital Libraries (CIDL) is also offering a $500.00 bursary toward travel costs to attend the Summer Seminar Series. The bursary is available to anyone with a CIDL 2005 Membership; simply provide the CIDL secretariat with your name, job title, contact info, your employer