Service New Brunswick/University of New Brunswick
Spatial Data Sharing Agreement
Conditions of Use
All users of Service New Brunswick files, made available through the Spatial Data Sharing Agreement between Service New Brunswick and UNB Libraries, must agree to the following conditions of use:
- Service New Brunswick retains sole Ownership rights (including copyright) of the products offered under the Spatial Data Sharing Agreement, and this Agreement is only a licence to acquire and use these data products. No title or other rights are conveyed by this Agreement.
- These data products are provided 'as is,' and the owner makes no warranty, either express or implied, including but not limited to, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- These data products are to be made available only to educators, students and staff members of UNB Libraries (referred to here-in as "authorized users") and only while they have such status with UNB Libraries.
- These data products are provided to authorized users under this agreement for the exclusive purposes of teaching or learning purposes for education and non-commercial purposes by authorized users.
- Authorized users and other persons associated with UNB Libraries are prohibited from using these data products in the pursuit of any commercial or income-generating venture either privately, or under the auspices of this institution.
- The distribution of any data obtained under this agreement outside UNB Libraries through sale, donation, transfer or exchange or any portion of these data in any way is expressly prohibited.
Service New Brunswick must be identified by authorized users in their academic or research
communication as the source of spatial data files in the following way:
Extract of the data set ... at (scale...)
Her Majesty the Queen in Right of the Province of New Brunswick
Reproduced with the permission of Service New Brunswick
Further information on the conditions of use can be obtained from Siobhan Hanratty, the Data/GIS Librarian for UNB Fredericton (451-6803).