ebrary: Complete eBook Downloads
Many ebrary e-books available to UNB libraries are now available for downloading to a computer or a portable device. Most downloadable e-books are available for a 14 day period. Supported devices include most desktop and laptop computers plus: iPad, iPhone/iPod Touch, Kobo, Nook, and Sony Reader. (Note: Basic Kindle only supports partial downloads, not complete downloads) See the specific Kindle Fire instructions for downloading.
In order to download entire books you must have an ebrary bookshelf account, the Adobe Digital Editions software, and an Adobe account. All are free and the accounts are not related to your UNB/STU login information. Some devices will require the use of another piece of software to transfer e-books. Complexity varies with device and platform.
ebrary Support Documents:
- How to download an entire ebrary e-book?
- How do I install Adobe Digital Editions?
- Using a MOBILE DEVICE to download an entire document as an e-book
- Why can I download some e-books, but not others?
- Not all e-books are downloadable. A list of excluded publishers is provided.
(Note: Canadian Electronic Library is now included)
- Platforms supported by Adobe Digital Editions
- More help at the ebrary support site