1. (pl. portolans or portolanos) (historical) a book of sailing directions with charts and descriptions of harbours and coasts.
2. an annotated bibliography of Atlantic Canadian Children's Literature held by UNB Libraries
Portolan was developed by the Eileen Wallace Childrens Literature Collection at the University of New Brunswick in order to showcase the wealth of Atlantic Canadian materials for children housed in the Wallace Collection and at UNB libraries in general. It is made freely available for research and professional purposes.
- Enter Portolan...
- Portolan CLC: an annotated bibliography of Atlantic Canadian Books for Children in the Eileen Wallace Collection
- Portolan UNB Libraries: a bibliography of additional works in the UNB library system
- Portolan Wish List: Atlantic Canadian Works for Children not held by UNB libraries
- Portolan Complete: The above bibliographies as a single database
- Learn more...
General Editor: Sue Fisher (Curator, Eileen Wallace Children's Literature Collection) Compiler: Meredith Snyder Project Assistant: Becky Rubidge. Copyright for the bibliography in whole or in part is maintained by the Eileen Wallace Collection and its Curator. The bibliography is a work in progress and we welcome your feedback. Contact Sue Fisher with questions or comments.