October 4, 2012
Films on Demand offers an extensive online educational video streaming library with:
- Thousands of high quality educational videos viewable by faculty and students anytime, anywhere;
- Thousands of fully annotated segments that can be integrated into lectures and presentations with ease;
- Participating producers include Films for the Humanities & Sciences, BBC, PBS, TED, CBC Television, NFB, Cambridge Educational, The Open University, and many more.
Some highlights of the new service:
- Playlist creation enabling the assembly of segments from various titles;
- Unlimited 24/7 access on or off campus for faculty and students;
- Hundreds of new titles added every year;
- All programs include Canadian Public Performance rights;
- Use keywords to search the FOD digital library by title or by segment;
- Browse the FOD digital library by subject, special collections, related titles and subject tag “clouds”;
- Closed captioning available on many titles.
Take advantage of the power of digital media in your classrooms, in your assignments, and in Desire2Learn (UNB) or Moodle (STU).
Access Films on Demand.
For more information or a demonstration, contact Marc Bragdon (458-7741).