ASTM International, formerly known as the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), is a globally recognized leader in the development and publication of international voluntary consensus standards for materials, products, systems and services. ASTM’s leadership in international standards development is driven by the contributions of its members: more than 30,000 of the world’s top technical experts and business professionals representing 150 countries. Working in an open and transparent process and using ASTM’s advanced electronic infrastructure, ASTM members deliver the test methods, specifications, guides and practices that support industries and governments worldwide. Learn more about ASTM International.
Approximately 13,000 ASTM standards are used around the world to improve product quality, enhance safety, facilitate market access and trade, and build consumer confidence. ASTM standards are a critical element of the information infrastructure that guides manufacturing and trade in the global economy.
- Online, 24/7 access to active (up-to-date) ASTM standards
- Access to all 13,000 active ASTM standards (the equivalent of 82 printed volumes)
- Access to historical standards back to 1998
- Access to withdrawn and redlined version comparisons
- Full-text access to Manuals, Monographs, Data Series, STPs (Special Technical Publications)
- Full-text access to journals dating back to the 1930s
- Journal of Forensic Sciences (JOFS)
- Journal of Testing and Evaluation (JOTE)
- Journal of ASTM International (JAI)
- Geotechnical Testing Journal (GTJ)
- Journal of Composites Technology and Research (JCTR)
- Cement, Concrete and Aggregates (CCA)
- Materials Performance and Characterization (MPC)
- Advances in Civil Engineering Materials (ACEM)
Please note: The online resource ASTM Compass does not allow direct linking to discrete sections of the resource, like journal and standards content. Each user must filter through the ASTM Compass homepage and then select the desired section for access.
If you would like more information about ASTM Compass–International Standards & Digital Library, please contact Saran Croos, Engineering & Computer Science Librarian at UNB Fredericton, (506-458-7959).